Adding Observations to Journal Posts

I’m attempting to add observations to Journal Posts. I am using Safari as my browser. When I select the observation from the right-side panel, nothing happens in the post when I Preview it.

I tried using the HTML code snips from @karoopixie and I get an error (little box with a ? mark).

Is this a browser-related issue?

2 Likes

Hi @phil86315 , welcome to the forum :-)

It would help if you gave us a link to your journal post (if you’ve published it and it’s not still in draft form). And to show us the code you’ve used to link.

I suspect that you are trying to link an observation rather than a photo from the observation. I have not tried linking observations myself so I don’t know how that works, but it will show something different to a link to a specific photo, I imagine.

My post on embedding photos and sounds into journal posts is here - Adding photos & sounds to journal posts

2 Likes

That’s it! I was trying to link to the observation. I linked to the photo and, voila! Thanks so much.
https://www.inaturalist.org/posts/70093-adding-images-to-posts-leptinotarsa-rubignosa

1 Like

Super! Well done :-)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.