An integrated workflow web uploader?

That there are existing programs that can do the photo stuff like cropping, culling, and labeling photos, and they do it much better than software iNaturalist could make. Since we only have a limited number of developers and developer time, our focus is on the iNat end and not the photo processing end.

I’m curious as to where the bottlenecks are in your workflow. I currently use DXO Photolab to cull, label, and export my photos, but but there are options that are better for Digital Asset Management (DAM), like Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Photo Mechanic, Capture One, and even the Apple Photos app is pretty good for that too (I don’t know any native Windows options). After geotagging my photos, I go through them and quickly mark and then delete all the ones that are bad. I then crop and export the photos I’m going to post to iNat. When I have a batch of 20-40 I put them in the uploader, add IDs and notes, combine if needed, and then submit.

FWIW here’s a discussion about photo organization: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/how-do-you-organize-your-photos/8217

4 Likes