Anyone notice an improvement when adding taxon photos?

We updated some drag-and-drop libraries yesterday, including the one for editing taxon photos. I don’t edit taxon photos often, but when I did so last week using Firefox it was a bit janky - when I added a photo I could only drop it in the first slot, for example. Now it’s a lot smoother and I can drop the photo in any slot. For anyone who edits taxon photos on a regular basis, are you noticing an improvement today?

3 Likes

If when I drag to the right, it’s directly to the first position and then I move from there, it works correctly. If the first position I reach is lower, it puts the image in the first position and won’t drag from there.

2 Likes

I look forward to not having to bully the taxon photos into order. But I do rearrange them so the first few show different features - flower leaf fruit bark, wide view. Instead of 6 variations on PrettyFlower, iffy IDs from Flickr, or clearly cultivated.

It seems plenty responsive on my setup (MacBook Pro, Safari), but I don’t specifically remember any sluggishness before. There is definitely some flakiness in behavior though; I’m not sure if any of this is new. A couple of problems I noticed quickly:

(1) When I drag a new photo into the grid of existing taxon photos, a ghosted copy of its image snaps to the first position, even while I am still dragging around the image. I can continue to drag it around in other positions, which causes the existing photos to move around, but no matter where I drop it, it ends up in the first position. Maybe this is the same as what @joedziewa was reporting.

(2) If there are already 12 images and I drop a 13th one in (past the stated limit), sometimes the drop does nothing (reasonable), but other times a ghosted copy of the image snaps to the first position and remains there even after I release the one I’m dragging.

Should I write up individual bug reports for these two cases, and poke around looking for more trouble?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.