Best add ons for an Olympus TG 6?

So my beloved Sony Cybershot camera has finally kicked the bucket. I’ve been slowly getting used to my new Olympus TG 6. It’s been handy for macro and underwater, obviously, and I have a FD 1. But, if I want to use it birding I’ll obviously need some type of lens. I know they are a reasonably popular camera for naturalising - what do people have in their kit that they find indispensable?

2 Likes

I’m eye-balling this accessory for my TG-6: https://www.getolympus.com/us/en/accessories/camera/tough-camera-accessories/tough-teleconverter-tcon-t01.html
I really like my Canon PowerShot SX60 HS - you might find a reconditioned one for a good price.

You could get the TCON 101, but you may well be disappointed by it. It only increases your zoom by a factor of two and if you don’t put it at full zoom your images will be circular. It will help with birds for this camera, but a bridge, DSLR or mirrorless camera are more useful for bird photography. Also the TCON 101 is expensive and you have to put it on when you need it and take it off when you don’t. The LD 1 may be useful as you can use it at closer distances than the FD 1. That would be good for something like mosses when you are trying to magnify as much as possible. If you are really serious about underwater photography an enclosure would be a good accessory (to go deeper and to give extra protection for the camera), but very expensive.

Thank you for your advice!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.