Citizen Science Survey About Insect Observations

Hello!

I am a graduate student at Kent State University and I’m interested in researching reporting trends in insect citizen science data.

When people report observations to citizen science databases, they must make decisions about what (and whether) they will submit as data. The choices people make about what is most important can affect the patterns that are recorded with citizen science approaches. This could have significant implications for conservation efforts for some insects, which frequently utilize citizen science observations in determining the presence and/or absence of certain species.

This survey aims to investigate how people’s perceptions of insects, or wildlife in general, with varying physical characteristics may influence reported data.

Please consider contributing to my survey by clicking the link below. You must be 18 or older and reside within the United States.

[Click here!]

Please email me at cbullion@kent.edu if you have any questions.

Thank you!

11 Likes

Super interesting! If possible, it would be great if you could post a summary of the results in the forum when you’re done with your analysis. :grinning:

8 Likes

Great idea for a survey. I started to fill it out but when I got to the section on ranking reasons for observations, I couldn’t find a way to place the numbers. When I clicked I just saw 1-7 for items one thru seven. Let me know if there is something I need to do different or if this could be a browser issue. Thanks.

Drag and drop

1 Like

Interesting and well done survey. I too would like to see the results and hear about what you learned. Good luck with your research.

2 Likes

Great survey! And yes, please do post results, if you could.

1 Like

Hopefully you get some useful data/insights, especially in the comments. My observations are almost exclusively arthropods so this was right up my alley :)

Sounds interesting …

… oh. :(

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.