Complimentary Winter IDs

As of yesterday, it’s officially December. Here in the northeast, observations have noticeably started to slow down for the winter. Few animals are out, and most plants die or go dormant. Since I haven’t got as much to identify, I thought I’d ask you all if there are any observations you’d like IDed/narrowed down. If there are, please let me know! I’d be happy to ID them. Alternatively, feel free to tag me for any reptile/amphibian observations you have if they are still active in your area, it’s always a pleasure to ID them. Unfortunately, my knowledge is limited to the US and Canada, so I can’t as reliably ID anywhere else. Happy December!

3 Likes

https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/identifriday-is-the-happiest-day-of-the-week/26908/542?u=egordon88

and Merry Festivus to all!

3 Likes

You can use identiFriday or NeedsID posts for that.

4 Likes

I’m aware of Needs ID posts, I will try to do them in conjunction with this. I’m not as familiar with IdintiFriday however, so I will look into that more. I more so created this topic to see if anyone wants certain observation identified.

On Friday post we suggest what to id, including specific users/taxa, you can post there not on Friday too, but it’s only 2 hours past it.)

2 Likes

Got it, do you think this topic is still usable or should I delete it?

It’s definitely usable, you can just look through both!

1 Like

Thanks for offering, @rinaturalist, but the Forum’s not really a place for ask for or solicit ID help for one’s observations. I think the Friday thread is a bit more teamwork-based, so I think that’s a better place to look for areas that need help.

Also, you can always annotate!

3 Likes

Okay, I’ll work on annotating the observations that need it. I might end up deleting this topic, feel free to lock it if you need to.

1 Like

Oh! I thought you were going to say nice things about the winter ids…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.