Daylight Savings time not shown in "list" mode on website

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): website,

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome 89.0.4389.90

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): Observations correctly displayed as daylight time on observation page are shown in standard time on “list” format.

Step 1: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?on=2021-03-17&place_id=any&subview=table&user_id=janetwright&verifiable=any
shows a list of 4 observations with observation time in CST.

Step 2: Choose any one of them, and observation time is shown in CDT (correct)

Step 3:

I can confirm this on my observation list here:
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?place_id=any&subview=table&user_id=twainwright&verifiable=any
List of observations shows both “Observed” and “Added” times as PST instead of PDT while the actual observation shows times correctly; older observations (previous years) in the list show PDT correctly.

1 Like

(my original link didn’t return the list of 4 observations; I fixed it)

Platform: website
Browser: Firefox 86.0.1
URLs: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/72794217 and https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/lmna-2021-scavenger-hunt

Screenshots of what you are seeing:

Description of problem: Observations correctly displayed as daylight time on observation page are shown in standard time on “list” format. We had a scavenger hunt that started at noon and I noticed this observation was not going into the project even though it meets the parameters.

@janetwright I made a bug report here: https://github.com/inaturalist/inaturalist/issues/3002

I took a look at the project. The issue with the project is that whoever created it didn’t add a time zone offset to the date/time range fields. They need to add -05:00 to each one so that it looks like this:

I asked the admin of the project to add the -05:00 and it did not solve the problem.

So weird - now I am participating in a bioblitz for the local parks department that started at 12pm central time today. I have 18 observations made after I started at 12:48pm, and through 1:52pm that are not being shown in the project: https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/brec-bioblitz-2021-zachary-community-park. Here is one of the 18 observations as an example: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/74188104. The observations made after 2:00pm are included in the project.