Different ID erroneously added on my behalf when viewing observation

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): iOS

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): app store shows up to date

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

I opened the app and went to “Me”

I touched “Four-spotted Palpita Moth”, then touched “…”, then this appeared:

Notice that it shows I changed my ID to “Palpita.” The first time I noticed, it said I changed it about 1 min ago. I didn’t make this ID and don’t even know how it would even be possible from this screen.

Here is the observation via the website: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/206540734

you probably need to capture the app logs and send or make those available to iNat staff. your latest IDs have a computer-vision assisted indicator. so that would suggest that you selected your genus-level ID from the list of computer vision suggestions.

1 Like