Do you think that [¡NatForum] is easy or difficult to use?

Do you think that [¡NatForum] is easy or difficult to use?

2 Likes

Easy. Very, very easy.

7 Likes

It’s pretty good. I believe it uses the 3rd party Disqus platform as the core tech, and it has been configured in a pretty usable manner. Compared to some of the shockers out there, this is a nice implementation.

6 Likes

Social media is always a learning curve. Ask. People are eager to explain.

I still battle find where they hide … add a new post

PS you are on the iNat Forum. Among the elite who have found the key to the secret door! Most iNatters are not active in the Forum.

13 Likes

The iNatForum fortunately uses opensource Discourse, and not Disqus.

6 Likes

Like with any forum there is an “understanding curve”. My guess is anyone using any other “social media” or “forum based” tools would find it very easy to use.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it is easy to use, but it is ugly and illogical compare to old BBBoards.

2 Likes

It’s easy and beautiful.

3 Likes

Easy, but sometimes annoying like when you want ask about something, which was previously disscused and topic is closed.

7 Likes

if you encounter a closed topic, just send a personal message to @forum_moderators and ask for it to be opened, and one of us will do so for you :)

9 Likes

To me is easy.

easy, but still very english oriented (the latin america community is not active here)

5 Likes

I find the forum very easy and comfortable. I do have my issues with the iNaturalist iOS app, and with using the iNaturalist web app on an iOS device. Currently, I find iNaturalist is not very iOS friendly, but the iNaturalist forum is fine.

3 Likes

That’s the one. Dis-something.

1 Like

I agree, it is one of the most diffcult forums i know and certainly not easy,
The message box is not logical and not easy and not self explaining.

To find an overview of all your postings is rather far away but is one of the first things to use.
REPLYING TO is alway a question where it will go to
and
EDITING modes…there seems to be douzens of editing modes, but not the mode you want to.
QUOTING is working strange (and with this post not happening, as was my intention)

Compared with the 3-4 other forums i use this one isvery diffcult but i solved it by not using it.

1 Like

What is strange with it though? You need to make sure that quote/unquote parts stay and you can move it anywhere or choose to add it to any part of your message from the start.

Relatively easy once you get the hang of it — have you completed the helpful advanced user tutorial?

I do, however, wish that a direct reply to a user would show up under the user’s comment, not at the end. But I can understand that the current order helps keep track of new/recent replies, as well as other correct timeline sort of benefits.

2 Likes

You can check those if you click on the number of replies, e.g.

It’s probably not done strictly one below another to allow users to quote multiple comments without it looking as a reply to a single comment only.

2 Likes

Easy to use except for reading the discussions. I don’t like how it threads replies.

1 Like

The Etsy forum puts replies under a user’s comment. I find that so confusing. I don’t want to have to scroll through the whole thread to see if anyone replied to an earlier comment. iNatForum makes sense to me. Look for anything new at the bottom. Like marina showed you can click to get the replies to show up just below. Also if you are seeing the reply and haven’t read the original post (and it wasn’t quoted) you can click on the name of the person being replied to at the top right and it will take you to the original post.

Being able to cut and paste quotes is really cool. That way you can make one post and references things that multiple people said and also just select the part that is relevant.

4 Likes