Do you think that [¡NatForum] is easy or difficult to use?

I like the way threading is enabled here. You can use the arrows to hop up, or down, to where you want to go next.

3 Likes

I can navigate without too much difficulty, I have NO understanding about the technical side of the platform, however. The open discussions challenge what I know, I appreciate the unfiltered discourse.

Of course they’re visible there, if you already answered to the topic it will generate a notification, plus all new topis do that, but those you’re not interested in aren’t shown on the main page, but all latest updated posts are visible on the “latest” page. Why would you need to have notifications from all topics? If so, you can subscribe to each new one if you don’t want to answer.

It’s a different platform, why should it work as some outdated forums? It’s not a complicated system here.

It works for me.

That would be a really cool feature!

2 Likes

Are you commenting on the ease of use for the forum or the redress system?

Hm, I remember there was a bug that resulted in this “edited” state, though I never saw it happening with my posts, if it can be fixed, it should be!

2 Likes

The ease of use of the forum would refer to to whether or not the the way the forum is laid out makes sense. Can you follow who is replying to who? Is it obvious which button you should push etc.

The redress system refers to the ability to get answers to questions that the person seeking redress feels were not adequately addressed. For example ’ I requested a feature and it was rejected, why?’

It’s very intriguing, how and why that is occuring?

1 Like

We don’t really think in terms of this is hard or this is easy. Over time, we learn and try more on this forum. We like when people reply to what we’ve said because it can contribute to our sense of being seen and heard. This is the only social media with ongoing conversation in which we participate, and many of our challenges are internal, emotional considerations.

As for the structure of the forum, we benefit from searching for prior threads on feature requests because then we learn, regarding our own inclinations, why features are/aren’t implemented. For example, we thought creating malleable boxes for the area where an observation occurred would be more accurate than the current circle, especially when one knows the organism was on x side of a path. We followed the feature request guidelines to search for prior requests, found some, and learned that circles are necessary for the way the data are stored. That search capacity and access to prior answers seemed effective to us.

8 Likes

The iNat Forum works fine. But then I don’t spend all day on this and other forums that are out there, so have nothing to compare with.

Little odd, I am used to other more ‘traditional’ forum styles like simple machines or I think it was phpboard(?). Mostly, How the replies can nestle confuses me sometimes, but it makes sense how it shows for continuity and then also later at the end of the thread. It reminds me of a mashup of a facebook thread and a postboard. I grew up with computers, and while not that tech-savvy, find it simple to use for what it is.

2 Likes

I find it fairly simple to use. The layout is different than forums I am used to pre myspace/facebook era. (I don’t use social media so forums are all I use)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.