Easily copy coordinates

Yes, that’s great! This was really the only place where I have wanted to use the feature, but feel free to add it to the other places in my original screenshots. Might be helpful for others.

I also didn’t realize until after making this post that this feature already exists on Android after tapping the map:

2 Likes

I just published a new version, 0.6.1, in which I added a copy button to the /identify modals as well:

4 Likes

Made a github issue for observation pages: https://github.com/inaturalist/inaturalist/issues/3897

The observation edit page is very old and unlikely to be updated until it’s rewritten.

2 Likes

Thanks @tiwane. I’m so glad this is finally getting some traction.

I thought about commenting on the github issue directly but decided to make a comment here. If you agree, you can add a comment to github.

Instead of making the GPS coordinates easy to copy-and-paste, why not add a small icon that copies the GPS coordinates to the clipboard? That would be easier to implement (since it’s always easier to add new code than it is to modify existing code) and it would also be better from a user-interface point of view. Clicking an icon is much easier than copy-and-paste.

1 Like