Eastern carpenter bee common name changed to Spanish in United States?

This is probably a question for a curator, but I noticed that the eastern carpenter bee, Xylocopa virginica, was recently changed on iNat to Abeja Carpintera de Virginia as the common name in the United States. This can’t have been too long ago as I add this ID to observations pretty frequently and just noticed the change yesterday. I’m just wondering why the common name is now in Spanish, as it doesn’t seem to make sense to do so here.

issues like this are best resolved/addressed by directly flagging the taxon on iNat. You can see the edit history of any given taxon via the curation button on its profile page, that will let you know who made the change and allow you to reach out to them on the flag you create. I’m going to close this thread, but let me know in a PM if you need more help with this

1 Like