Email addresses for iNaturalist Accounts must be confirmed by July 1st, 2023

I wonder if it has to do with the locale/region? I am in Brazil, and when I clicked the link in Settings to confirm email, and was signed out, this was the page I saw, with the message in Portuguese but the rest of the page in English:

However, when I then clicked on the link in my email to sign in, the message as well as the rest of the page was in English:

My Language/Locale in iNat account settings is English; in my browser (Firefox 107.0.1) my language is set as English. On my Mac (High Sierra 10.13.6), my default language is set as English, with Portuguese as a second option. Only my keyboard is set to “Brazilian - Pro” so that I can type accents easily. Perhaps this will help identify why this is happening?

2 Likes

Hm, I only got the notification about new strings to be translated in Crowdin today - so I wonder if the ‘successfully confirmed’ message can currently be displayed exclusively in English

@tiwane Don’t know how long this step has been planned in advance, but wouldn’t it have been better to give the translators some time beforehand for such an important update?
Or is it not possible to first have the strings in Crowdin before having them displayed on the website?

And another banner in another language:https://github.com/inaturalist/inaturalist/issues/3592
On the forum you should find much older cases.

@carniflex. This morning around 1:31 (yes early in the morning) I found everything translated correctly on the website and the confirmation email except the text ‘’ Our mailing address is:" So Kueda was working hard for us yesterday… Between translation and implementation was just some hours…

I had no such translated text, but good to hear it has been done at least for a subset of languages

1 Like

It’s been about 10 minutes for me and i’ve still got no email. :(

Time for an email to help@inaturalist.org

yeah. wish i hadn’t logged out, oops. I use iNat for work too, so now I can’t work on that project until its fixed. I guess i can wait a bit more in case it’s slow but these things usually don’t take this long right? (edit: still not working, did send an email)

1 Like

I’ve had a similar issue. I attempted to have the email sent multiple times last night and it’s nowhere in my email, spam or otherwise. Luckily, it didn’t sign me out of my account for some reason - I’ll try again today and if the same problem arises I’ll file a bug report.

1 Like

Nah, if it doesn’t come right away, it doesn’t come, I manage several accounts for relatives, gmail got the message instantly, in 5 seconds.

2 Likes

@lythronax246: I have the same problem.

@tiwane - Have y’all considered taking down the banner until the bugs are worked out? I imagine the people reporting problems (which seems to be a fair number) are just the tip of the iceberg of how many people are actually having trouble.

4 Likes

annnnnnd… this one was user error on my part folks sorry. I had a filter that sent iNat emails to a folder i had forgotten about and somehow searched the wrong terms. Definitely try searching directly for no-reply@inaturalist.org as Carrie recommended to me.

Oops, shouldn’t do anything ever before i’ve fully absorbed my coffee.

8 Likes

Same thing happened to me.

Yep. Gonna add my voice to the chorus. I also didn’t get an email and am getting the spanish message. I live in the U.S.

Edit: That was a speedy reply! Thanks, Carrie! I can sign in now.

1 Like

Quick and painless here :-)

1 Like

Worked fine for me!

1 Like

Hello community, I need some advice. I am missing the confirmation link in the email that is sent to confirm the address. Now I can’t log in and can’t send a message again. Thanks for the answers :-)

@martinvas Welcome to the forum! Check out the thread above for some suggestions on how to search for the email from iNat or contact help@inaturalist.org if that doesn’t work.

I’ve run out of email, it’s missing a confirmation link.

Please search your email for no-reply@inaturalist.org. It should be there.

1 Like