Exploring all observations I've IDed to a certain species

At times when I’ve gone through a set of observations and added a species identification, when my ID differs from the original or community ID, it bumps the observation back to genus level. So how can I subsequently collect all those IDs of mine into one search? If I search for my IDs at the species level I get only those that remain at species. If I search at genus level, I get everything IDed to genus. How do I get the combined set of observations I’ve IDed to a given species, wherever they currently sit taxonomically?

1 Like

You’ll be using ident_taxon_id= and ident_user_id= together. So step one you need to find out the taxon number for the species you want, and then you’ll put it into this

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/identify?reviewed=true&ident_user_id=gcwarbler&ident_taxon_id=NUMBERHERE&place_id=any

This will be pretty close to what you want. It would still pull up some non-target observations, ones where someone else identified to that species and you disagreed, but it should be close enough.

2 Likes

not sure exactly what you’re trying to do, but sometimes, a search for identifications works better than a search for observations. below are 2 example identification searches:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.