Exporting obscured data from a project area

This might be a double.
Is there a way to show obscured coordinates for rare and endangered plants in a new style project.

I know you can allow a person to see the coordinates, but this is a bit awkward and with several persons in a group it’s a very wide privilege.
Not even sure if this works for rare plants.

When granting persons you have to make many exports from every person and the project and than combining this in a final database. This is awkward and time consuming to say the least.

1 Like

(moved this from Feature Requests as it seems more of a question than a specific actionable request)

There is no way to show obscured coordinates in a collection project, you’ll have to use a traditional project.

1 Like

Yes but a traditional project doesn’t add observation anymore.
So yes this a desperately missing feature.

If a user grants me permission I can? Even for obscured plant that are on the rare, not because the observer set it’s observation as private.

Defintely something we’ve discussed, but it’s a bit complicated because observations are never “in” a collection project - a collection project is basically just a nice-looking saved search.

For example, if we allowed users to give location permission to collection project admins, a project admin could always change the project’s requirements of the project and get the true locations of an entirely different set of observations without the project members knowing. And sure, there are way to mitigate that but it makes everything more complex.

If a user grants me permission I can? Even for obscured plant that are on the rare, not because the observer set it’s observation as private.

Without a specific example here, it’s tough to answer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.