Figuring out how edits to posts here work

Thanks, I incorporated that into the request. Curious if you can see the changes between the two edits?

Yes, it looks like the pencil icon next to your post is highlighted, although someone who is not colour blind should verify this. It for sure has a tooltip indicating the post was edited when hovered over.

I would also note that all users have to agree to follow the community guidelines upon creating their account, so having that done again seems redundant.

If you click the pencil, can you see this?

Nothing happens when I click the pencil, so I assume only the author of the content can see the history. Or perhaps it is restricted to site admins (assuming you took on that status).

I see two versions side by side but with only the most recent change (I assume), highlighted i.e. the addition of “/been approved” to the last item.

Yes, I made a 2nd change since that screenshot.

1 Like

That is very cool… you can “back/next” through the change history. This gives the ability to “tidyup”
a post or comment, but retains an audit trail of what changes were made. This functionality on comments in iNaturalist would be awesome!

2 Likes