Filtering for my species but all observations

I think you’ll have to export the list of species you want to include, and then either construct a long taxon_ids search, or do a list_id search.

To export your species list, use the Export button from your life list. If you want, you can filter by taxa you’ve seen in a particular place at this point.

Using Excel (as an example), you can then sort by rank to get just the species, and construct the search URL with a formula like ="taxon_ids="&CONCAT(TRANSPOSE(A10:A52)&",")

You can then copy the list of taxon ids into a search URL and limit it to a place of your choosing, like this one, limited to Arkansas.

To use a list_id search, you would create a new list, then batch import the species you’re interested in. However, batch import uses scientific name, not taxon id, so sometimes it will find multiple hits and you have to do some work to match them.

Once you’re happy with your list, you can add list_id=XXXXXX to your search URL to limit to just the taxa on the list.

See also this related feature request: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/in-identify-add-filter-for-species-i-have-observed-or-species-i-have-identified/13986

2 Likes