Getting error message when batch editing more than 100 observations

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website, Mac OS Ventura 13.4

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Tested both in Safari (version 16.5) and Firefox (version 114.0.1) with the same result

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: Not connected to a specific observation.

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 12.54.34

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: I wanted to batch edit many of my observations that had missing GPS accuracy values.

Step 2: I successfully batch edited the first 3 pages of my observations (200 displayed each, about 80% of them were selected and edited)

Step 3: It worked for pages 1-3 of my observations, but on page 4 I always get the error message " Incomplete response received from application". I have tried different browsers, logging in and out etc. but I always get the same error. I also tried going to the next page (5) of 200 observations, still the same. I can go back to the batch editing page but the changes are not being saved.

Step 4: Lowering the number of observations per page to 100, it now seems to work even if I select and edit all of them.

4 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue - works fine for 100 observations. Perhaps the web page should either limit batch editing to 100 or at least have a warning message.

2 Likes