Good birding locations around Tuscon, AZ?

We may be taking a trip to Tuscon in spring of next year, and was wondering if anyone knew any good birding places around that area (probably within 2-3 hours of the city)

Tucson is easily one of the best birding areas in the entire country.

I highly recommend checking out Sweetwater Wetlands, Mount Lemmon, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Madera Canyon, Patagonia Lake State Park, and the Paton Center for Hummingbirds. There are plenty more great spots to be found beyond those as well, but those seem to be the “must-visit” locations.

5 Likes

It was so long ago that I don’t remember details, but I took a birding tour once in Arizona where we started and ended in Tucson and the place I remember as being the best was the Chiricahua Mountains. We stayed in Portal while there.

https://www.audubon.org/important-bird-areas/chiricahua-mountains-coronado-national-forest

1 Like

You may want to get a copy of the book Finding Birds in Southeast Arizona, by the Tucson Audubon Society. There are various editions and similar books, but all of them will help you plan a productive birding trip.

2 Likes

This one? this was the first google search result

Yep, that’s it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.