How to specify idetifiable hybrids to differentiate from specimens not identifiable to species level

There have been multiple instances where I’ve encountered a hybrid species where the parentage is clear and multiple reviewers agree on the hybrids parent species. Currently these IDs stop at the Genus level, which mixes those identifiable hybrids with records that are identifiable to Genus but not lower, and which may include both purebred and unidentifiable hybrids.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I don’t know the answer to your question, but I’m sure someone will help you. Thank you for posting!

2 Likes

When the parentage is clear, a taxon page can be created for the hybrid just like any other taxon. Make a flag on the genus page asking a curator to create it.

There was also recently discussion on allowing a page for hybrids without clear parentage here: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/suggestion-allow-hybrids-that-specify-a-genus-only/9739

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.