Hypothetical Solutions to Keeping My Streak Alive (silliness)

As long as you sit near a window (which @tiwane already said he won’t be, unfortunately), you can usually eventually get your phone to get a GPS signal even in airplane mode. I am always trying to do that to see where I am with this app Flyover Country.

5 Likes

I managed the obs a day when I flew from Atlanta back to HK (12 hour difference). I made an obs the day of my flight (time in EST), and then had some obs the day I landed at my destination (obs recorded in HKT). So i guess if one changes the timezone that can work.

2 Likes

Sweet! Will stop showering now.

6 Likes

Or you could just get some plaque off your teeth with a toothpick. ~70% dry weight is bacteria. Probably easier to gather than any of the others.

OK, will also stop brushing my teeth. It’s only a 17.5 hour flight, I’m sure I won’t be a bother to other pasengers.

6 Likes

Plus you could take some white bread and baggies and do this experiment in whole or in part at the prescibed time to qualify for the desired date: https://www.buzzfeed.com/kristatorres/this-schools-moldy-bread-experiment-went-viral-after-it

2 Likes

So the fact that you deliberately put yourself on the plane is negated by the fact that the bacteria freely chose to inhabit your armpits. I think you may be on to something :smile:

1 Like

yah i got that once too

1 Like

Just make sure to mark captive/cultivated! :joy::joy:

1 Like

By the way, is there somewhere you can see how long your current streak is? Besides just going through observations and counting days?

2 Likes

https://mapsandapps.github.io/inat-streak/ has your top 10 longest streaks.

4 Likes

So how did it go? I just realized that the 14th has passed

1 Like

I saw this thread too late - I was going to suggest setting up a remote camera but noticed someone had already suggested that. Looking at his calendar I see gaps!

1 Like

is it obs date or upload date? maybe he did set a camera trap.

also, it’s not too late… this is hypothetical, so he could always use his spare (?) time to work on a time travel machine to go back and fill the gaps. We’ll need a DQA for “Observed on Alternate Timeline”.

7 Likes

Thanks for all of the suggestions folks, it was a lot of fun to read! Alas, no observation on the 14 and on the 21st or 22nd, when I totally had time to add some. But, met up with some amazing iNat users in both Penang and Singapore and saw some incredible wildlife. Which is all that really matters.

15 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.