#IdentiFriday is the happiest day of the week

The AI is very often terrible at IDing fungi

3 Likes

I’ve now gathered that!

1 Like

to be fair, i think that’s just a reflection of how hard it is for even knowledgeable people to ID fungi observations, and that is often, in turn, due to observers not capturing or not being able to capture the details needed for identification in their observations.

3 Likes

Also the AI only looks at the first photo and you often need multiple photos to show all the important characteristics. I wasn’t trying to disparage the AI; fungi are just hard. I was pleasantly surprised to find what I’m pretty sure is the proper ID for this mushroom in the CV suggestions.

my observation: Garland Roundhead (Stropharia coronilla)

2 Likes

me on everyday
"today is friday, it is my day
to id plants,
But they are so tiring,
and time consuming,
so I start iding something else,
like butterflies and little bees,
that are so colourful, buzzing in my head,
Butterflies are around in my sleep,
bees are around in my sleep,
visiting flowers,
visiting flowers,

Today is friday, it is my day
to id butterflies,
they are so relaxing,
they are so colourful,
looks like I am losing grip of time,
losing grip of time,
I see monarchs , in my dream,
with common tiger, in my dream,
I am asking how???
I am asking howww?
there locations are overlapping
like USA and India, are in same place,
meanwhile my mother is staring,
and wondering why I am smilying in my dreams,
I ask mommmm,come around in my dreams,
I can id plants in my dream,
give me time,
today is friday, it is everyday,
for me, I love idying plants
I love idying butterflies ,
I love idying on inat, but my exams are coming
my exams are coming :(

13 Likes

inspiration from Friday Goldspot

There is one project that’s going to last the whole month of November.

Have any of them responded yet?

1 Like

5 Likes

Friday! Hmm, maybe I should set a personal goal of making 100 IDs today. I do have other things I should do, but a hundred shouldn’t take that long. And then next week I can do 200, and then 300, and then … Sometimes I just love being crazy. grin

(And I probably won’t keep increasing by 100 every week, because I’m not THAT crazy.)

4 Likes

Maybe just do 1 today and double each weak? Sounds way easier than adding 100 over and over again! :wink:

2 Likes

It would be hard to do +100 each week, but 300-400 a day is easily possible, especially one day a week only.

Well, clearly 100 in a day is easy, because I just did it (took about an hour). I looked at all the Needs IDs coming out of New England today and ran into a bunch of very easy IDs to make. Then I poked at Unknown from back in September and October in New England this year.

Now I need to go do Adult Stuff, but I’ll be back later on. I wonder how many I get done in a normal day for me?

2 Likes

I absolutely agree that 300-400 a day is easily possible, especially in winter and especially when you’re retired.

4 Likes

10 Likes

7 Likes

it’s the last #IdentiFriday of 2021. finish the year strong!

6 Likes

Oh! You are right! I think I shall spend the evening IDing Unknowns - and making a goal, however unreasonable (very!), of doing 20,000 IDs in 2022. (Maybe even 20,220, for good measure?)

That’s only … pokes calculator … about 55 IDs a day. Heh.

7 Likes

Sounds like a party!

1 Like

I do 30 - double would be … fatal.

3 Likes

I think I hope to aim at 150k, I don’t think I will get more because I hope I will be busy observing this year.

2 Likes