iNat Milestones

85K IDs for others.
Determined to chew down thru the Pre-Mavericks I asked for.

10 Likes

Almost a year later, and I’ve reached 2000 observations and almost 700 unique species. 99% of which are all from my own yard. I’m looking forward to getting out and traveling more once I’m in well enough condition, to find even more unique, and seemingly mundane things c:

13 Likes

Thank you!!

Got 333 followers, have no idea who you guys are, but I’m glad you like what I do, sadly there’re no notifications for this.

14 Likes

And got another, sinful one! :D

4 Likes
  • 8,000 verifiable observations
  • 1,000 animal species in my house and garden. 92.5% of those are invertebrates that I photographed since joining iNaturalist, because I only cared about my bird list when I first moved here.
  • 170,000 IDs from the count on my profile page
  • Almost at 60,000 IDs in New Mexico (home state, 450 to go)
  • 800 users who have helped on my observations

edited to update milestones

13 Likes

It’s taken me about 2 months to work thru over 4K planty pre-Mavericks for the Western Cape. That has been a marathon!
And this has been the best prize - retrieved from limbo to be a first obs on iNat - Type collection checked at NBG and its a good match; significant range extension to S (Type from Richtersveld)

10 Likes

Hit 10k ID’s…hopefully the vast majority are right!

I’ve seen so many turtle noses poking out of water…

10 Likes

Just noticed I hit 4,444 observations

14 Likes

Congrats! Great photos too.

1 Like

Thanks :heart: I collected some sticks from my yard and borrowed a friend’s UV flashlight so I could get some photos of lichens under my low power (dissecting) microscope. I have a bunch more to post.

4 Likes

I somehow end up having the most observations in ranking of certain lesser observed species (mostly arthropods) in my state (Mississippi). I can’t tell if it’s because there’s not a lot of iNat users in the state, there’s a lack of interest, or the species is hard to spot/unknown to most people. For example, I’ve got the highest amount of observations of Northern Dusk Singing Cicadas in Mississippi! And one of the highest in the world. Maybe it’s because I actively went out of my way to capture nymphs/teneral adults and add observations of them as hardened adults? Either way, kinda neat, though I am slightly worried it’ll end up bringing attention towards me as if I’m some mega scientist expert and not just a casual observer (which is what I am, my degree and career is in technology, not biology).

6 Likes

I can assure you that people don’t see top observers as top experts, don’t worry.

3 Likes

There’s a dark mode???

1 Like

I’m using the Firefox extension “Dark Reader”

2 Likes

Thank god lol.

600 observations!

14 Likes

4500 IDs in 1 month

13 Likes

Just passed 60k identifications!

13 Likes