iNaturalist is Down

Welcome to the forum! I think we’ve crossed paths before ;)

Thanks. I’ve been registered here for a while but have never posted before today.

Indeed we have Craig !

1 Like

Does buying merch from the store help as well? For reasons beyond my control I stopped my monthly donation (I’ll do it again once things settle down) but since then bought some shirts and a hat in the hope that it would help contribute. Since going out wearing the shirts and hats I’ve even met people in my area that also use iNat which I found really cool – I thought I was alone but clearly not! Edit: Comments like “hey, I use iNat as well!” from random strangers was unexpected

6 Likes

Merch is always good and it is cool too

It works! Thank you!!!

6 Likes

The miracle workers… forever in your debt. For me it’s been a formative experience. I’ve realised just how much iNaturalist is a Community (with a capital “C”) and NOT just a “service”. Over the next few days, I’ll be setting up a recurring donation (and I too should absolutely have done so before), and I’ll be doing so not as a sort of “payment for services received”, but as a contribution to something I feel very much a part of. It’s quite a different feeling. Can’t thank you all enough.

10 Likes

Yahoo!!! It works!! Thanks a lot, Staff!

6 Likes

As some have surmised, iNaturalist is back up. However, there may be some bugs and other minor issues so please go easy on it for another hour or two. If you can consistently find any bugs, please fill out a new topic in #bug-reports and include details.

Thanks for your patience, everyone, and we again apologize for the extended outage.

EDIT: please don’t fill out any bug reports about notifications just yet, we know there are some issues with them.

31 Likes