Include obscured observations in species lists for place-based projects

Yes, they could.
Which is why I moved on to this suggestion:

In short, if anyone running a place-based project who wants to include special status species needs to hunt down the observers of obscured observations, there should be a streamlined way to do that.

Got it, since that sounds like that’s a different feature request, maybe we should close this one, or the title/first post should be modified?

2 Likes

Please dont take this as being devil’s advocate or nitpicking, I see this as an interesting possibility for helping. I’m just trying to flush out the mechanics. The immediate question is why one note, or more specifically when would a project admin use that one message ?

When they create the project to get the history? What then happens a month later when they want to know if anything else has arrived ?

1 Like

in the past due to how project notifications worked, there was very heavy spamming that basically broke the notifications for high volume users. We don’t want that to come back, though maybe notification reform could help.

My thinking is that we want to limit the number of messages of this type people get, or else they will just ignore them. If you have an obscured observation in my study area, you aren’t going to want a request from me every month. If someone was desperate to send another message, they could set up a duplicate project, but it should be a little bit of work to send the second message. But the first request, I should be able to basically push a button, write a paragraph stating why I’m making the request, and push send.