iPhone 13 Pro Greatest Smartphone for iNatting?

You can capture many birds with smartphones too btw, and as most things we meet are not birds, but something near to us, so it’s not half uself, but majorly useful.)

1 Like

Thanks for the post. My point with the iPhone 13 Pro is that it is actually useful for even birds (birds on a feeder, birds in a nearby tree, etc.) The photos aren’t Nat Geo quality, of course, but for ID purposes, they’re often adequate at the very least.

1 Like

I took this with an iPhone 13 Pro and cropped it, maybe 20 feet away. Not as good as with a SLR and telephoto but rather impressive.
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/98244479

1 Like

That is better than I think I would get on mine. We’re you using a tripod? What camera settings do you use?

No tripod, just point the phone. Used 3x setting.

Yeah … given the crazy high price of high end phones these days, I usually advocate buying a cheaper phone and using the excess money to get a standalone camera (assuming one can afford the original phone in the first place). This will give you way more versatility (telephoto shots for birds, macro, etc) and generally better images.

2 Likes

Nice!! Yeah, totally usable photo. I love when you see the initial image on the phone and then ZZzzzvvvpp! It becomes 100% better.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.