Is anyone else having dreams where they are outside in nature?

We might need a therapy group for high level IDing anxiety. :wink:

2 Likes

My dream last night wasn’t about being outdoors, but there was a human-sized Bobwhite Quail, with a black-and-white striped face.

1 Like

And I just now remembered a long-forgotten dream from many years ago. The walls of the room had perches for different kinds of owls, almost like a museum of owls. But then one of the big owls flew off its perch and killed one of the little owls.

1 Like

I saw a pair of yellowhammers (a type of finch increasingly rare in Britain) in a tree top at the top of Moelyci Farm. I thought that is good, maybe they’ll breed next spring. (There was only one in 2021.) Then I wondered if I was dreaming but convinced myself I wasn’t. Then I woke up. That was last night.

Quite often in dreams I suspect it is a dream but convince myself it isn’t.

1 Like

This night spent quite some time of a bigger dream by trying to photograph bats flying from pines, some shots were ok, but autofocus were constantly going back and forth trying to focus on the sky.

1 Like

Maybe it will “force” someone to share their expeience too.) Today I traveled to the far away part of my home region on train, I spent day following the river, through fields and forest, as always camera got crazy when birds appeared, so only a few shots were saved, but they were of a new for me Stock dove, I went further and now was accompanied by a famous anthropologist, we visited a small town with forest nearby, it got dark and when we walked out of that forest I was back home again.
I hate my brain for giving me hope that it can be true, while it’s still winter and -24C instead of bright green summer.

2 Likes

Last night’s was:
I was in a car being driven around the coast road of a large island. We took a wrong turning and the road petered out by a pasture in which there was a large dense stand of a plant about 2 metres high with yellow senescent leaves. The man in the field was not happy with our arrival because he was dealing with the Japanese knotweed. I said I didn’t think it was Japanese knotweed because the leaf margins were finely toothed and the leaf base met the leaf stem at an oblique angle. I said more likely a poplar. I asked if he had cut it recently because regrowth produces different leaves from a mature tree.
I woke up at this point still rehearsing the differences between Fallopia japonica and Populus tremula.

5 Likes

I had a dream last night that I was being stalked through the woods by some person who was mad that I’d told her to combine her multiple pictures of the same plant into a single observation, and she kept hiding in bushes muttering about wanting to stab me. I was desperately trying to email inat support staff on my phone to report threatening behavior but I couldn’t get it to work. Not sure what I thought they were going to do about it lol.

A few months ago I dreamed that I was birdwatching, and a van full of the local Audubon club members pulled up beside me and demanded to know if I was recording my observations on the county checklist. When I said no, they got very belligerent and wanted to see my ebird account. I told them I didn’t use ebird, at which point they forced me into the van, took my camera away, and held me hostage for hours while they went through the SD card and made me upload every single bird I’d ever photographed to the county ebird list. It was dreadful.

More often I dream I’ve spotted an amazing thing and gotten great pics of it, then wake as I try to upload to inat…

5 Likes

I see this is an old post, but yeah, I have iNat dreams a lot! It’s just my automatic response when I see something cool. There have been a few which should have been nightmares… one where I had some mushrooms growing out of my scalp? and one where my house got overrun with thousands of beetles… but my first response to both was “ew… I have to take a picture of this for iNat” which in retrospect is very funny sdlfkjdsldjkl

I have also just had some nice ones where I saw a cool moth or plant or something and snapped a pic as well. I don’t have many dreams where I’m on a hike or anything, these have mostly all just been typical suburban/urban wildlife encounters.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.