Israel - iNaturalist World Tour

We’re featuring on Israel on the World Tour today.

Here’s the GADM Level 1 places we’re using. (no level 2 for Israel) Thoughts on these places?

What can we do to make iNaturalist better in Israel?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Any chance of adding level-2 subdivisions? I’ve been creating some atlases for Israel and the existing regions are a bit too large to be practical.
One region in particular includes part of the Mediterranean coast, hilly scrubland, some major cities, rocky desert, the edge of the Sinai (sandy) desert, half the Jordan river valley, some mountains, and the Northern edge of the Red Sea possibly including some coral reef.
While I know atlases follow political, and not geographic, boundaries, I’d appreciate a little more granularity.

1 Like

GADM only supplies level 1 shapefiles. Do you have a source for the level 2 shapes?

1 Like

I do not, but I can look.

2 Likes

Curiously, GADM has level-2 shapefiles for Palestine, which would also be helpful. Ranges for Israeli taxa often include the Gaza Strip and West Bank.
(still looking for Israeli subdivisions)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.