Lithuania - iNaturalist World Tour

We’re featuring Lithuania on the World Tour today.

Here’s the GADM Level 1 and Level 2 places we’re using. Thoughts on these places?

Are there any issues with translation or common names?

What else can we do make iNaturalist better in Lithuania?

1 Like

Thanks for featuring us! :D
To be honest, there are some minor mistakes on the map, later I’ll write what they are.
My number one request that would make the Lithuanian iNat experience better is making me (and maybe a couple other users) Lithuanian common name curators.
An example why we need this. Cmcheatle added the common Lithuanian names of fish, which is AWESOME! But again, there are some minor mistakes here and there, all of them having to do with Lithuanian letters. It’s an easy fix and it wouldn’t take me much time at all, but I am not allowed to edit common names added by other people. :(

1 Like

Here are the mistakes to fix on the first map:
Klaipedos should be Klaipėdos
Taurages - Tauragės
Panevezio - Panevėžio
Marijampoles - Marijampolės
Telšiai - Telšių
Šiauliai - Šiaulių

The second map is fine. ;)

If there’s no such thing as a common names curator can I become a regular curator then? I promise to never edit anything other than Lithuanian common names. Because they are very messy now.

For that you should directly email help@inaturalist.org with your username, tell them a little about yourself, and provide some examples of changes you would like to make as a Curator.

Also, be sure to read, understand, and be willing to follow the Curator Guide.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.