Map Covers "Your Observations" when Accessed from Dashboard

When I access my observations list from my dashboard a map (pinned with all of my observation locations) covers the first four (or most recent) observations.

I am using Chrome and this happens on my Chromebook as well as a desktop Dell. I also use the website – no mobile devices (i.e. phone/app).

So, essentially, if I click on Dashboard, then Observations, I see a list of my observations with a map on top of it - obscuring the details of my latest observations. I’ve attached a screenshot:

Is it possible to remove this map from this screen so I may see the information behind it?

welcome to the forum!

I do not personally know how to fix your issue, but I can tell you it’s not supposed to be happening.

What version of Chrome are you using?

1 Like

i think this has been discussed before somewhere, though i can’t find the post. what i can see is that some of the fonts on your page are relatively large. you probably have the font size in your browser set to something larger than normal, which is probably causing this particular problem. check your browser settings. if you need to scale things up for readability, i would scale up everything, not just the fonts in the browser.

2 Likes

I really appreciate your thoughts - both trh_blue and pisum - I am willing to bet you are correct, it’s Chrome-related; I have my font set quite large. I’ll fiddle around with the settings and see if it improves things.

2 Likes

I am on Chrome. Zoomed to 110%. That works for me. No intruding map.

just to clarify, it’s not the zoom that matters. it’s specifically the font size scaling that matters in this case.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I have tried various zoom levels and the map just zooms with the list of observations and continues to cover the first several.

Go to Chrome settings/Appearance, and adjust Font size. Oddly, that fixes the problem.

@jessicaleighallen – if things look okay after changing your font size settings, let us know, and we can close out this thread.

Mine is on
Medium (Recommended)
@pisum

1 Like

yeah. that’s what it should be. these days, i’m not aware of a good use case for changing the font size (because it can mess with the layout on lots of different websites). it’s much better to just change the zoom if you need to increase the size of things, since site developers are much more likely to account for zooming and different screens sizes / resolutions than for variable font sizing.

1 Like

I changed my font in my Chrome settings to Medium (Recommended) and you’re right! The map is no longer obscuring my observations. Thank you to EVERYONE – now this thread may be closed. :blush:

2 Likes