Remove/Hide the list of observations on the Explore map

New to iNaturalist, wondering if I can toggle the box of close sightings on/off? I find it takes way to much screen space and I would rather just look at the dot’s most of the time. Thanks.

If you put the map in full screen view then it turns off. Please note when in full screen view, you have to be relatively zoomed in before the dots become clickable.

2 Likes

Ok thanks, if that is the only way I will post in the feature request area, maybe they can add a button to > arrow to shrink it.

yeah it would be nice to be able to get rid of it without going to full screen mode, which hides other tabs

1 Like

Rather than have a separate topic I just changed the category from #general to #feature-requests.

2 Likes

Try using the button on the left of the map with four arrows on it instead of the browser’s full-screen mode. It has the tooltip “Full screen”, but it’s actually a “Full tab” mode.

2 Likes

I agree that it’d be nice to hide it, but [update: per the post below] my understanding is that it and other features won’t be done until a full refresh of the explore page is made.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.