My observations are missing from GBIF and am not sure why

Hello everyone,

I did a first download of a GBIF database regarding my region and noticed my observations are missing.
Here is what I expected to see: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?place_id=any&quality_grade=research&user_id=jonasgruska
But actually there are none of my observations from iNat on GBIF at all. Is it possible that there is a problem with letters in my name? (á and š)
Or is it something else?

Thank you very much for any help.
Regards, Jonas

2 Likes

Your licence is set to all rights reserved, you need to go to profile settings and change it to an open one.

2 Likes

You might check you license settings. If you are all rights reserved, they do not get shared with GBIF

1 Like

Your observations also aren’t shared with GBIF if they’re CC BY NC SA, which is what I see selected on this observation.

If you select an observation license option with the green GBIF icon in your account settings, they’ll be included in the next export.

4 Likes

Thank you all, that was it! I changed all my observations to GBIF compatible license. Does anyone know how soon can I expect for them to be reflected in GBIF? I understand it takes time. Thank you!

2 Likes

A week or two when the next transfer will happen.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.