Need informations about Nephrotoma submaculosa

Hello.

On the internet, I did not find any information concerning the habitats, the observation period and the diet of Nephrotoma submaculosa.

Do you know where I could find them?

There is a newish book on British craneflies by Alan Stubbs. If I remember, I’ll have a look what it says about N. submaculosa and get back to you in a day or two.

https://ccw.naturalis.nl/detail.php?id=14278&display_records=25&search_type=advanced&genus=Nephrotoma&species=submaculosa&which_taxa=recognized&image=all

1 Like

OK, Thanks for your help.

Marina’s link covers it thoroughly. Stubbs 2021 book says on dunes, especially ungrazed fixed dunes around much of the coast of Britain and Ireland. Also inland, mainly on rivers, on sparsely vegetated sand-capped shingle bars. Flight period April to August, mainly mid-May to early June.

Similar appearance to N. flavescens, a species found in unimproved dry grassland in lowland Britain with an easterly bias.

OK.

What about its habitats in France, knowing that my subject was observed on the edge of a fire trail and that it was in the ground?

Could it correspond to N.submaculosa?

It mentions France too.

OK, thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.