Pictures no longer available in original size

Hello,

I have noticed I can’t download my pictures in the original size anymore. This used to work a few weeks ago. Now I still get a file called original.jpeg for example, but the max size is now limited to 2048 and not what I originally uploaded.
Is this a known official change or just a bug? I could not find an announcement about this… sorry if I just missed it…

Thanks!

Larger pictures are downsized on iNaturalist and as far as I know they have always been limited to 2048 pixels on the longest side, at least since I joined.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it has always been that way, with a largest size of around 2,000 pixels. For me, at least for several years, anything larger than that that I’ve added has been automatically downsized upon upload.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I also read, but I did a test a couple of months ago and I could get back the original files unchanged, same size as the ones I had uploaded (which I considered to be normal if they are called “original”).
Anyway, that must have been a glitch at that time then, as now the files are indeed limited to 2048 pixels…
Thanks for the response.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.