Pinned Location Name Lost

I’m currently using iNaturalist Android app 1.30.15

Whenever I add an observation and edit the location to be a pinned location (e.g. i select Choose Pinned Location. I select the location I want, and the location changes, as does the Locality Name to match that of the pinned location. However a second later the Locality Name then defaults back to what it was before, meaning i have to manually edit it to match the pinned location name again (which is super annoying).

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to fix it? (E.g. by reinstalling the app?)

Thanks!

1 Like

Pinned location on the map, and the text in the location box are independent. You do need to manually edit - especially if you position the pin manually while uploading.

Someone else reported this. Are you able to share log files after this happens again? To send log files, go to the About tab in the iNaturalist app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log files to us.

I don’t think this is new, I’ve been experiencing this as long as I’ve been using the app.

I frequently (always?) have this problem as well. Usually I can confirm the location change before the name reverts back, but if not, I just try again until it sticks.