Question about "Certified" badge

I am a new Forum user, trying to figure out how to use it effectively. Under “Badges”, the “Certified” badge says “Completed our new user tutorial.” Where do I fine the “new user tutorial”?

1 Like

There seem to be quite a few badges on the list that don’t apply directly to this forum. My guess is there may not be a new user tutorial, or if it exists, it is somewhere on the main Discourse site. You can, however, review the community guidelines for a badge. https://forum.inaturalist.org/guidelines

1 Like

Okay, thanks Charlie, I did do that. I just didn’t want to skip over something that was already available to help me better participate.

3 Likes

@everyone send a direct message to “discobot” and in the body say “start new user” and it will kick off the tutorial. I have been trying to figure out how to do it for weeks, and only today did I get it working! After the new user tutorial, you can progress to the advanced user tutorial as well.

[ps. I’m also testing here to see if we have a tag all ability. If you read this, then like it, so that I know it reached “everyone” :smiley: ]

9 Likes

@kiwifergus, sorry about being so dense, but where do I “send a direct message to discobot”?

3 Likes

no need to apologise, we are all learning!

Under your profile is a tab for Messages. Go there and create a new message, and the recipient will be “discobot”

If you can’t find it, try this URL (which I amended from mine by changing it to your account name, so I am not sure if it will work):

https://forum.inaturalist.org/u/keimwj/messages

2 Likes

@kiwifergus How do you progress to the advanced user tutorial? I don’t see any option to ‘continue’ or complete another tutorial after I’ve finished the new user tutorial.

send discobot a message that says “start advanced user”

1 Like

As Cassi says with the direct message, but I also think it might be possible to just “@discobot advanced user” from any post…

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

hmmm… maybe not!

Doing it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.