Silliest thread ever

I’m not sure how…

1 Like

First of all, tell the truth.

1 Like

You can’t revote.

1 Like

Oh no…

I thought the vote was just an image and that you vote only by using the reply feature, so i clicked on it thinking that it’d just preview the entire image…

…turns out it wasn’t an image, and I gave the wrong vote (really, I think your English is very good, I didn’t mean it!)

I’m rather new to the forums and don’t interact with it too much, and this is the first time i’ve actually seen a poll here…

2 Likes

That sounds strangely planned…

Noooo!!!

1 Like

Ok just kidding.

you had me worried there, haha

1 Like

Hhahahahaha!

i gotta say any comment or id made by someone who hasn’t slept in 15 hours is suspect

1 Like

English is a ridiculous language that magpie-steals from every other language, but thinks it is original. It is impossible even for native English speakers. Its grammar is illogical and spelling is almost arbitrary. Don’t even get me started on British and American spellings. (And I used to teach English composition to university level students.)

6 Likes

True! And I threw in a little human nature. Hmm… doesn’t count? Lol. I’ll ID it “Human” anyway and move on. (Yes, I know that sentence ends in a preposition, and I’m going to leave it that way — just don’t learn English from me:)

1 Like

Yes you can. If you click on “show vote” at the bottom it returns you to the voting page, where you can click a different option.

2 Likes

Fixed it!!! Thank you @fluffyinca !

2 Likes

Well, so it seems it wasn’t a nasty prank as I thought hahaha! You’re innocent :innocent:.

Divided by a common language, again :rofl:

PS this native English speaker was utterly mystified by the ivory billed woodpecker. Who he?

2 Likes

An evidence of the Ivory billed woodpecker’s rarity is that there is no woodpecker emoji…

:angry: :angry: :angry: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

The Ivory Billed Woodpecker is a large North American woodpecker which is likely extinct. However, there are some reported ‘sightings’ that may or may not be confirmable. For an excruciating discussion, see this - Ivory-Billed Woodpecker Sighting Widely Accepted - Nature Talk - iNaturalist Community Forum. Personally, I have no opinion on the matter. So the reference to an English speaker with perfect grammar is they are as rare as that woodpecker. Or hens teeth!
EDIT I needed to correct my grammar/sentence construction when I re-read this!

2 Likes

Isn’t it ‘‘hen’s’’ with an apostrophe?