Social wasp nest predators

Hi, I am looking to map out predators of the social wasp nests (including those in the tropics). This may include all birds and reptiles, as well as the mammals, or even other insects. Please post here if you have encountered any such instance, and link to the iNat observation, if possible. Thanks!
Ozren

2 Likes

You could also set up a project for that?

2 Likes

Hi Ozren - Diana is right that iNaturalist itself would be a great place to do this rather than the iNat forum. Here is a link to learn more about setting up a “Traditional” project to collect these types of observations in one place: https://www.inaturalist.org/pages/managing-projects#traditional Note that you do need to have created at least 50 verifiable observations (of any kind) in order to do so.

4 Likes

Great idea and link, thanks. I will look into this, add some observations and launch it. Thanks!
Ozren

3 Likes

Can you post the name of the project here when you create the project? I have some observations of Vespula nests predated on by bears I will add.

2 Likes

Tnx, working on my 50 observations to launch a project, and then I will invite you again. Thanks for tracking this!
Ozren

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.