Spot the Jumping Spider!

Susanne, finally found it!!! I had seen it but thought it was a seed spike of some grass sneaked in there!

2 Likes

Ahhh I found it with the hint! It’s so obvious once you see it, so strange how that works!

Spoiler

There is one long plant stalk just to the right of the center going slightly diagonally. The mantis is on it, upside down-ish, out of focus but fairly big

This was a lot of fun :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah!!! But if I could only make it because I was told it was a mantis; otherwise it’s impossible. I was looking for a reptile or some other vertebrate.

1 Like

Now let’s solve Matthew’s challenge and the jumping spider…

1 Like

Isn’t it amazing how a big animal like that just “disappears” in the vegetation? I only saw it, because it moved a bit. And once you see it, it really pops out and you can’t understand that you didn’t notice it before.

2 Likes

It’s kind of like some sort of strange optical illusion.

1 Like

Uff! I think I found the jumping spider! :-)

2 Likes

I just found it too!!!

1 Like

I found the jumping spider pretty quickly, but needed help for the mantis! That was much more gratifying than it should have been :smile:

1 Like

@pliantscience Added a “hint”…

I finally found it!!!

1 Like

.I found all but @matthew_connors and @Strawberrytart.

2 Likes

I already found the spider, but can’t find @matthew_connors challenge. That one is impossible!!!

@matthew_connors One is probably a stick or leaf insect or maybe a mantis.

1 Like

Here’s a hint:
What it looks like in the photo

2 Likes

Yes that is it!!!

I already magnified every corner of his image and can’t find anything.

I found it now lets focus on the last one.

1 Like

Hahahah sorry guys, I should have given you a hint! It’s a big female Deroplatys desiccata showing exactly why it’s so hard to find these guys. :D

2 Likes

Oooh I found it!!! I had spotted it before but it looked like everything except a mantis!!!

May I spoil where it is?