Spot the Jumping Spider!

I challenge you to find the jumping spider in the first image! Feel free to respond with more “find the ___” images!

Here’s what he looks like:

16 Likes

Found it! (but needed to magnify the image to do so).

2 Likes

I…I can’t :thinking:

I hope this becomes a fun thread/game on spotting organisms

5 Likes

That’s a great “where’s waldo?”

The best I can find in my photo roll is

12 Likes

Cute!

2 Likes

How did you notice it, from movement or keen ability to spot jumping spiders?

Maybe worth mentioning/linking to this in:

4 Likes

Both I suppose. I saw a spot that looked like they would likely be, and kept an eye out.

3 Likes

I cant find it, that spider is pretty well camoflauged.

4 Likes

I have taken a million images where I have to look hard for the subject and it’s super cool realizing the image contains a little gem in plain sight when you zoom in!

Unfortunately these are often the worst shots, since they are the furthest, and end up getting deleted so that I don’t have 30 photos of each observation

Here is a (kind of easy) recent one that survived though!

Actually this one survived because I have a “habit” or whatever you call it of not deleting photos of flying insects. It’s just a cool shot to get and I keep them around even if they’re awful, though I’m kinda proud of this one

5 Likes

I love these things! Here’s a not-so-easy one:

4 Likes

I didn’t find the spider, nor the last one. Do we get the solution?

I think this is fairly easy - at least the subject is rather big.

6 Likes

@Strawberrytart What if who finds the spider crops or circles it and sends you the answer in a private message?
I can’t find it. :tired_face:

2 Likes

Found it!!! May I say what it is?

1 Like

Aaah that’s so hard, I don’t know what to look for! But still in process.

@egordon88 Yours is easy though.

@susanne-kasimir Yours is pretty difficult too, I don’t see anything else than flowers and leaves.

1 Like

Should I tell what to look for - or post a picture?

3 Likes

Please (in private message if you don’t want to spoil)…

1 Like

Of course! And if you can give a species ID, even better, since I don’t have that yet, lol (I’m joking though, don’t think it’s possible from this photo!)

I am still looking for the subjects in these last two photos! I’m half convinced one of the sticks in @matthew_connors ‘s image is a stick insect, haha

1 Like

Ah, I think everybody should have the same chances… this is the species, though not the same individual (would be too easy) https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/13926520

2 Likes

What??? A mantis??? This is going to be even harder!!

No I have no idea of the species, but It’s a bee!

And I already magnified every corner of Matthew’s image and can’t find anything!!!

1 Like