If I’m updating a flora Taxon to conform with Plants Of The World Online than I would like the ability to create a draft that will be committed when the timer reaches 00:00:00. Allowing a Heads-Up to be displayed for up to a moth if necessary. This will allow other iNat users to have a discussion about the species if need be & possibly place that species on a deviation list if a high volume of people don’t agree with such Taxon swaps. Furthermore this will add a level of ‘Safe Guard’ procedures from mistakes such as incorrect spelling or incorrectly misplacing the Taxon.
- An automatic message to be sent to all users whom are interests in such Taxonomic updates for that particular species, genus, family…
- Automated messages to be sent to the 3 Top observers
- Automated message to be sent to the 3 Top identifiers
- An Icon added to the new Taxon showing iNat users that the Taxon has recently been updated (similar to a flag icon)
- Automatically add Timer icon nears ‘Head-up’ message
- Automated message asking curators to check Taxon Swap if the user has implemented less than x Taxonomic swaps. (Useful for new curators)
- Implement a ‘Checked’ button showing that other curators have checked for errors.
If a new curator is to implement a Taxon swap than should the draft be committed without it being checked by additional curators?
Perhaps we can select what automatically gets implemented such as messages?
Would iNat be able to recognize users that show interests in particular species than send an automated message warning about the Taxon change? (Maybe an iNat user has made 50 identities of which 49 have been for a particular species 98% of interests are with species x)