The links to Journals should not appear on the Profile page for people you follow who don't have Journal Entries

Website

Browser: all

Description of problem:

When I go to my Profile page and look at the list of all the people I follow, the far right column shows “View Journal” links. This link should not appear if there are no posts.

Second error on this page:

Under the “View Journal” link, some people have text underneath that link that shows a number next to “journal posts”. But, when I click on the link to see the journal entries of the people who supposedly have journal posts, the next page that opens shows “No posts yet!”.

I tried searching for an explanation for how Journals work. There isn’t any. Some Forum posts guess at what is going on. But, there isn’t a Help page for them.

1. Is there something that allows people to hide their Journal entries? If so, this should be explained somewhere.

2. I should not see the link and the text that says these people have journal entries if there aren’t any Journal entries.

3. I should not see the link and the text that says these people have journal entries if there aren’t any Journal entries visible to me (i.e.: they are hidden/private somehow.)

2 Likes

This isn’t really a bug, it’s how it was designed. If you think it should not display a link if there are no journal posts, please make a feature request.

Added to my weekly report.

No, there isn’t. Pretty much everything on iNat is public, do many people assume journal entries are private?

3 Likes