Thread for uploading images for use in iNaturalist comments

Fun rookie skills:

I just learned how to embed online images in comments and discussions on iNaturalist.org. (Via the handy “tips and tricks” tutorial on inserting html code into comments.)

However, since there’s no built-in way to upload a new image directly into a comment, I figured a handy work-around would be to upload the image to the iNaturalist Forum first, then add a link to that image in my comment on iNaturalist.org.

It’s a handy tip, so I thought I’d share it with any other iNaturalist rookies.

Here’s the image I want to include in my comment:

Now, I can paste the html code into my comment. Voila: an image in my comment on iNaturalist.org!

8 Likes

expanded and lightened subject of https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/824550 is

Untitled

The format I used in the comment is < img src=“the whole link from copy image address operation on the photo here, in quotes” > where the spaces on the insides of < and > are removed.

1 Like

Nice work, lotteryd!

I hope the enhanced photo helps you with your identification!

1 Like

Eriophora pustulosa showing pustules, for illustrating in observations

Lampona cylindrata (South Island, NZ) vs Lampona murina (North Island, NZ)

pohanginapete’s in side-by-side:

Sidymella observation ? S. angularis
closeup of carapace ridge shadow

Trying to figure out some red maids here

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Looks like this thread closed automatically, but please don’t use the forum as a place to host images, I should have stated that explicitly here when this thread started. We pay Discourse a monthly subscription fee, and we are allotted a certain amount of storage space for the forum. Images posted to the forum should be posted for forum use only.

3 Likes