Tracking species not yet seen during City Nature Challenge

During the City Nature Challenge, it seems like it would be helpful to have some way to quickly figure out which species have been posted to iNat for the area in the past but are currently missing for the period of the ongoing CNC. Any suggestions? Thanks.

You can use the (experimental) Compare tool, but you need to split your search query up into lists that would have 500 or fewer taxa. For example this one for birds in the Chicago Wilderness region:
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/compare?s=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

2 Likes

Should I be able to see something when I hit that link? This is what I see:

Not sure why it didn’t work. Maybe Discourse doesn’t like long URLs? Try again?

1 Like

Yes, I do see it now. Thank you. The result looks really good, but the URL is very intimidating to me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.