Updates to conservation statuses in progress in Canada

So, I just encountered a species set to geoprivacy=private in Ontario. I hadn’t realized that was an option: it completely removes observations from the map, instead of obscuring them. I thought it was a bug: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/hognose-snake-observations-not-showing-in-ontario/4154

Looking at the list of observations in Ontario which are private, it looks like there are only about a dozen species this applies to (the ones on the bottom of the list are observations which were misidentified at one point as one of the others). I understand needing to do more than just obscure the bat observations, since it might be possible to find bat caves by searching within a 10 km x 20 km area, and American Ginseng is probably the most well-known plant poaching/collection target, but I think the rest of these species should be reviewed to see whether they should merely be obscured rather than private, especially the two most commonly observed: Eastern Fox Snake and Eastern Hognose Snake. Thoughts?