Use "identified by" as a project parameter

i don’t think your proposal would help you in the case of your ID events. the existing ident_user_id operates based on any identifications that have occurred ever. however, for your events, you’re really interested in observations that have been made during a specific period of time. so you really need not just observations identified by specific people, but also identified by these people within a specific time period.

or, really, you almost need a totally different kind of project that’s based on identifications rather than observations.

i think, really, people would be interested not just in observations identified by specific experts, but what those experts identified those observations as (in cases where the expert identification differed from the community identification).

traditional projects do offer a way to export the the latest ID from a project curator, but i don’t think this applies to collection projects, nor does it resolve differing IDs between curators.

you did mention back in the day that you were going to create a feature request for a potential new type of project that i had described. if this is that feature request, then i don’t think it’s really covering the full functionality that i had envisioned – just one part of it, which i’m not sure is that useful by itself.

1 Like