Want to edit the Details and Tags default content on website platform

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): N/A

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Safari

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: When you UPLOAD an observation on the website.

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: Click green UPLOAD button on website (top right corner)

Step 2: Add a photo or file

Step 3: Under Details and Tags menus (outlined in pink), there is content that was placed there by me when I first joined (I didn’t know what I know now). I need to remove the tags and rewrite the content and have looked everywhere: under my profile, account settings, etc. and cannot find where this content is kept.

Can someone please help me with that? Thanks!

I may be missing something here, but if you want to change the information (details) and tags posted with an observation, just go to that observation and click the “Edit” button in the upper right corner. (That’s how I do it when using a web browser, anyway). I think you may also be able to add or erase tags on an observation without even clicking edit, just look for the “Tags” section along the right side of the screen (again, when doing this in a web browser).

1 Like

If that’s appearing in the uploader, then the description and tags should already be part of the image’s metadata. iNat just reads what’s in the photo’s metadata and puts that data in what it thinks are the appropriate places in the observation, like the description, tags, etc.

What software are you using to edit your photos? Are you adding things like captions, keywords, etc, to the photos?

1 Like

Oh goodness. I wasn’t notified I had replies. Sorry!

m_whitson: correct and I do this. Thanks.

tiwane: Well, I’ll be dang! I just opened up a photo and see that info in my file info. I have never noticed it before. Hmmm, now to figure out how to remove that! I use Photoshop/Bridge and do not add keywords or captions. So it’s going to be on that interface. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!