Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.
Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website via iPad
App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):
Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome
URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/2836010
Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):
Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): I have been looking through “Casual” observations for observations that are here by mistake. I have found 2 examples of observations with a “Casual” status with no apparent reason. When I added an ID to these, the status was updated to “Needs ID” or “Research Grade” as appropriate.
Step 1: Find casual observation that meets all requirements of verifiable.
Step 2: Add any ID (ideally not disrupting progress of community ID).
Step 3: Observe status change to “Research Grade” or “Needs ID”
I was unable to locate a post about this in the forum. Feel free to move or remove this post if the thread already exists. I also found an example yesterday, but did not get appropriate screenshots to document the issue.
Edit: reordered screenshots