Branch off feed from two topics posted at the end of last year. What organism do you want to see and iNat goals.. I still remember my top targets for 2020, 18 species overall. I successfully got my Harris’s Sparrow, Columbia Spotted Frog, and Rocky Mountain Tailed Frog. Ironic, I see the 3 hardest out of my list 18. Anyway, this is my 2021 list of 18 animals I want to see.
Birds: White-headed Woodpecker, Snow Bunting and Mountain Quail
Mammals: North American River Otter, Bobcat and American Pika
Reptiles: Southern Alligator Lizard, Pygmy Short-horned Lizard and Desert Nightsnake
Amphibians: Rough-skinned Newt, Coastal Giant Salamander and Northern Red-legged Frog
Fish: Bull Trout, Coho Salmon and Chinook Salmon
Insects: Melanoplus elkhornese, Melanoplus repetinus and Notable Apote
In physical goals for iNat I hope to get:
- Reach 2,000 species in my life list; had a surplus of 400 this year so how hard would 800 be?
- Reach 10th spot in most species observed in Oregon; only 102 to go!
- Reach 10th spot in most species observed in Idaho; 109 to go.
- Photograph all of the undescribed species of Steiroxys thanks to iNat observers.
- Photograph all of the Idaho endemic Melanoplus species to add first ever photos.
What do you plan on doing this next 365 days?