What is the method of changes to notifications from place subscriptions?

I am just trying to figure out when I should look at the observations in my notifications of place subscriptions, because it seems like they keep changing. For example, earlier today I got a notification of one observation from a place I subscribe to, but I didn’t open the observation. Just now, two additional observations were added to the same notification. Is there a certain amount of time during which new observations are added to the same notification? Does a new notification mean that an older notification from the same place has stopped having observations added to it? Does looking at the observations in a notification prevent new observations from being added to that notification?

Thanks for responding. I’ve been going through these notifications since my first post here, and I was starting to think I was losing my mind, so I’m glad to know someone else finds these confusing.

if you’re talking about the home page:

… i think the way the page works is it gets 50 notifications per page and then tries to group certain types of notifications together – ones that come from the same taxon or place subscription, for example. so i think part of what controls the groupings is where the particular page cuts off its 50 notification records, and part of it may be the inclusion / order of other notifications like identifications and comments which show up ungrouped.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.